Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Back Again!!

I got a scale for Christmas (ours broke quite a while ago). 
It's about a number now.
I paid $20 for a neighborhood Biggest Loser... it starts Jan 12.  I'm starting Jan 1.
I keep finding the 20-some-odd pounds I lose every time.  I think maybe this time?  YES!  For sure, this time I will keep it off!! :)
Any of you sisters/in-laws/cousins/friends/strangers want to join this year??
My plan -
1.  No soda's - Diet or otherwise. I did a little water challenge a few weeks ago and since then I have had three 32 oz. Diet Dr. Peppers and a couple of 12 oz. cans.  (I could EASILY down that much in a single day... so, this is pretty big!) I will replace the soda with WATER... I will drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every dang day.
2.  Track my food intake - I guess it will be kind of like Weight Watchers but without points.  The program has changed from when I did it back in 2008... I don't want to sign up again.  I want to lose 50 pounds (That is DOUBLE what I lost last time, plus a couple of pounds) by June (we're going to California for a week) and my little "Lose It" app I downloaded says to do that I can have 1,327 calories per day.  If I exercise I get more!!  Woo HOO!!
3.  Exercise - Like Daily. Except Sunday.  I just printed this and will be hanging on my fridge, "Food Is The Most Abused Anxiety Drug. Exercise Is The Most Underutilized Antidepressant."  Do I believe it?  No, not really.  I don't FEEL a whole lot better after I have exercised, but - I realize I need it.  Even if it's 10 minutes of pushups/sit-ups/lunges... I will intentionally MOVE my body.  I also believe I'm very much an emotional eater... and any emotion will do.  I eat when I feel happy, sad, mad, nervous, anxious, depressed, overwhelmed, overscheduled, bored, defiant, social or even nothing at all.  My treat of choice - chips and soda... mmmmm.
I will weigh in every Thursday (because it's Jan 1 and I'm like that).  I'm hoping to have lost at least 3 pounds since last Thursday!  I had better... because depriving myself of soda HAS to be worth it!!
I love you ladies! I want us to be here and healthy for a very long long time!
Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in! Doing a get physically and financially fit 2015 starting today. I will post what I am eating and any great recipes I try and love. So glad we are all doing this together. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Natalie! I will add your email so you can be a contributor! Welcome! I'm excited for you!

      Delete